Your experience will start with an introduction to the essentials of flying with your instructor. He or she will teach you the basics of flying an airplane, the cockpit controls, and how they affect the control surfaces of the aircraft. After that, you will proceed to the aircraft and prepare for flight. Your instructor will show you how to perform the pre-flight safety inspection and you will be ready for takeoff! When the aircraft has reached a safe altitude, the instructor will give you control of the aircraft, and you will fly the airplane yourself and experience the true thrill of piloting a plane (the instructor will handle takeoff and landing).
- 1 hr groundwork/preflight and 1 hr flight from take off to landing
- Take the controls of the aircraft once at a safe altitude
- See the majestic views of the San Francisco Bay – from the front seat
- Pilot logbook, recording your accrued instruction
- Instruction time counts towards FAA pilot certificate requirements